In-Country Research Analyst – Iran
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Euromonitor International seeks an analyst to research and report on consumer goods markets in Iran. In-country analysts are tasked with regular project-based work and are employed on a contract basis, working for commissioners based in one of our offices around the world. It is role which suits self-starting individuals who are looking for the flexibility of working from home and the challenge of reporting on consumer markets for the world leader in business strategy research.
Our research addresses the following types of question in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much fruit juice was sold in Iran in 2015? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year?
- What companies are the leading players in the shampoo category? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- Is there a market for this product in Iran? What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximise its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- You will be located in Iran, be willing and able to work from home and have access to a PC (Windows) and the Internet (Broadband)
- You will be available to work a certain number of hours a week on our projects
- You will be prepared to be involved in certain aspects of our research process, including personal visits to stores, secondary source information gathering and interviewing industry experts
- You will enjoy problem-solving, be able to work independently and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude while being tenacious in your pursuit of information
- Required Skills
- A high level of numeracy
- The ability to work with, analyse and interpret data
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information and a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role
- Fluency in oral and written English and Persian is essential
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Required Experience
- A solid understanding of consumer trends and cultural influences in Iran
- A degree in market research, economics, marketing or other business-related discipline is desirable but not essential
- Research experience preferable
- Job Location
- Homebased, , Iran
- Position Type