Professional training for early career Engineering researchers in water resources
As part of Researcher Connect, the Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London in partnership with College of Aburaihan, the University of Tehran is pleased to announce a professional development training opportunity for early career researchers in Iran. The success and reputation of researchers and the institutions they represent is impacted by their ability to work at an international level. Researcher Connect develops the professional skills required for researchers to succeed internationally.
The Researcher Connect training will provide participants with the insights, understanding and tools to communicate effectively, whatever the situation or context, and will contribute to the researchers’ professional development in key areas outlined by the Researcher Development Framework. Junior researchers, early career academics and international research project managers will benefit from the training.
The training will be held at the University of Tehran’s campus in Kish Island, Iran, on 5 September – 7 September 2016 and will be led by professional trainers from the UK. The training will include sessions on academic collaboration to enable participants to begin negotiating the complex research environment and equip them with an effective toolkit for clear, accurate and successful communication and collaboration. The training is also designed to train the participants on writing persuasive research proposals and to enable them to present their work effectively with potential societal impact.
The organising committee invites applications for participation from an Engineering background in areas such as Civil, Environmental, Water Resources, Chemical, Energy and Agricultural Engineering with research interests and expertise in water resources. The applicants should be based at higher education and research institutions in Iran. Female academics, applicants from universities outside of Tehran, and those who identify as having a disability are encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 August 2016:
- An expression of interest (max. 750 words) outlining your research interests and expertise and your future research career plan. You should also explain how attending this training will benefit your current and future research and career;
- An up-to-date CV;
- A letter from your Head of Department (or equivalent) confirming your academic title and the date you were awarded your PhD.
Only applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria will be considered:
- Holding an academic (research and/or teaching) position at an academic/research institution in Iran.
- Being in the early stages of an academic career with their PhD awarded no earlier than September 2009. Allowances are made for career breaks.
- English language capability equivalent to Band 6 in the IELTS. No proof of qualification is required. Qualification will be determined through an online interview.
The final selection will be made by a panel comprising members of the organising committee and senior academics from the UK and Iran. Short-listed candidates will be asked for an online interview. Selected applicants are expected to be notified before 15 August 2016.
Domestic travel to Kish Island, Iran, subsistence and accommodation costs will be covered for all participants. Should you have any questions concerning the workshop, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.