Airport Operations Manager
Location: Tehran, Iran
Etihad Airways is an award winning, global aviation group and the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates. Our goal is to be a truly 21st century global airline, challenging and changing the established conventions of airline hospitality.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Operation function at managerial level. As Airport Operations Manager, you will add immediate value by managing, optimizing and controlling airport operations and equipment utilization, to ensure compliance with Safety and Quality regulations while providing a high quality service.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Coordinate and monitor activities to ensure compliance with safety and security standards
- Monitor, report and make recommendations on on-time performance to support accurate monitoring of relevant indicators
- Review and analyse relevant indicators to suggest improvement actions in order to maintain / exceed the performance targets
- Manage the relationship with relevant stakeholders (e.g. airport authorities, airline representatives, security and third-party contractors) to ensure smooth and seamless loading / unloading of goods in line with service levels
- Cooperate and communicate with aircraft teams (e.g. cargo, catering, line maintenance) to guarantee smooth and safe running of pre / post flight operations and to ensure on-time flight departure
- Lead and monitor airport operations to maximize usage of available equipment, manpower and facilities and ensure compliance with safety and security standards
- Guide, coach and provide informal / formal feedback to the teams to support achievement and improvement of performance targets in compliance with high quality standards and best practices
- Drive initiatives aimed at improving operational standards and alignment with industry best practices
- Monitor operations alignment with Service Level Agreements (SLA) to support the optimization of the services provided
- Plan, manage and monitor Etihad’ and other airlines’ flights schedule and operations to ensure flights plan optimization
- Develop and manage an accurate and complete performance reporting and analysis framework to support risks monitoring and decision making
- Regularly evaluate the safety record in order to avoid the reduce negative trends and improve performance
- Conduct regular reviews to monitor service efficiency and to ensure the achievement of customer service, safety and security standards
Implement the Function/Department strategy to ensure alignment with Company strategy
- Policies and procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- People Development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize performance
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma (2 years or more).
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in relevant field
- Policies, procedures & work methods – Advanced
- Report Writing skills – Advanced
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com